Westport In The Media
American luxury yacht construction, mega yacht standards
COMPOSITE YACHT CONSTRUCTION
A Better Way To Build Boats
Over the years, composite materials and technology have evolved to become a preferred yacht & boat construction method among the most knowledgeable designers, builders and owners. Not surprising, when you consider the new boat construction advantages:
Westport composite fiberglass construction maximizes yacht life, reduces maintenance & maximizes resale value & enjoyment.
- Thanks to their lighter weight, composite yachts are faster and more efficient than their comparably powered steel or aluminum counterparts.
- Space-age materials give composites superior strength and impact resistance for unexcelled structural integrity.
- A composite structure effectively isolates and absorbs sound, reducing hull and mechanical noise levels for quiet operation.
- Similarly, a composite yacht offers superior thermal insulation properties, making it easier to air condition for greater comfort in warm-water cruising, or to heat in cold climate cruising. Generators operate more efficiently because of reduced air conditioning loads.
- Composite materials are not susceptible to rust or galvanic corrosion, and so require less maintenance than metal. You spend more time on the water while reducing the cost of upkeep.
- A composite yacht offers exceptional structural integrity to ensure long life and maximum return at resale time. Advanced coring materials and resins give composites exceptional impact resistance for long, trouble-free life.
Every Westport yacht features proven technology in composite construction. Westport exclusively builds all hulls and major deck parts in one-piece, precision-engineered molds. Fewer parts mean greater structural integrity and resistance to stress. For the Westport Yacht owner, that translates to year after year of enjoyable, trouble-free cruising.