Westport In The Media
from a leader to a better way to cruise
CENTRAL AGENT SERVICES
A Cornerstone of Commitment To You
Westport's brokerage services together form a cornerstone of our commitment to ensuring our customers an enjoyable, convenient and hassle-free yacht ownership experience.
The Services Provided By A Central Agent
The role of the Central Agent is similar to that which is performed by the multiple listing agent in real estate. Once a Central Agent is selected, the seller is no longer obligated to speak with other brokers or prospects. Instead, the Central Agent manages the flow of information and communication to and from all other appropriate brokers and agents as well as members of the buying public. The Central Agent positions the yacht for maximum exposure in the appropriate markets in an effort to procure a sale.
Once negotiations are entered, the Central Agent confirms the validity of the buyer and ensures that proper deposits are in place. In short, when an owner of a yacht chooses a Central Agent, he has selected one individual to represent his interests and should expect the following:
- Westport obtains full and complete knowledge of each yacht listed for sale. We pay diligent attention to ensure that correct and detailed information is transmitted both to other brokers as well as to clients.
- Westport organizes for each yacht accurate and extensive listing specifications which information includes: Pictures, profile and general arrangement plans, and where appropriate, brochures. This information is disseminated throughout the industry on a worldwide basis and to all interested purchasers. Moreover, we continually update the appropriate audiences as information about the yacht changes (e.g. location, sales status, price, arrangements for inspection, etc.).
- Westport maintains full cooperation with all major brokerage firms throughout the world including the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe, Mid East and Far East. We communicate with these brokers, agents and middlemen via a computer network (multiple listing service) as well as by direct mail, telephone and telefax.
- Westport screens all requested inspections to assure a qualified purchaser and then organizes and coordinates all showing appointments directly with the vessel and its crew (unless otherwise determined by the owner).
- Westport assembles all purchase offers for the vessel and transmits them immediately to the owner in the appropriate form. More importantly, we, to the limit possible, ensure that all offers are complete in form and content.
Since there are many nuances to the appropriate and responsible representation of a yacht, we would expect to discuss any questions you may have regarding this very significant role in the marketing of your yacht. We look forward to assisting you and to producing an expeditious sale.