Westport In The Media
Name: 15 Meter Fast Patrol Boat (FPB 15m)
Description: Littoral Security and Patrol
Dimensions: 15.4m x 3.6m x 1m
Speed: 50+ knots
Range: 200 nm at 50 knots
Range: 300 nm at 30 knots
Operating Environment: Conducts all missions through Sea State 3; Survives through Sea State 5.
Accommodations: 4 - 5 berths
Seating: Up to 18
Class: Designed / Built to ABS Class Rules
maritime security and defense
Westport Shipyard Inc. was founded in 1964 and is a pioneer in the use of composite materials in the boat building industry. Over the past 45 years, Westport has grown to be among the most advanced and proven boat builders in the World. The Shipyard's capabilities include designing and constructing high quality composite vessels between 15 meters and 50 meters in length and has proudly earned a reputation for delivering on-time, on-budget, and as-promised.
- 45 years of marine construction expertise.
- Four shipyards with high production capacity for 50m, 43m, 40m, 34m, 26m and 15m CPV series.
- Vessels utilize proven hull designs.
- Tooling machined with a five axis router as used in aviation standards.
- In house naval architects and engineering.
- Indoor climate-controlled facilities provide consistent conditions for on-time delivery.
- Certified and accredited with the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
The reasons for moving beyond aluminum and steel, to a more proven and advanced material are applicable for patrol vessels utilized by defense and security organizations. The composite construction process, material characteristics, and follow-on maintenance of composite vessels provide clear advantages.
- Precision molds (composite)—Deliver extraordinary tolerances and quality.
- High strength-to-weight utilizing lightweight materials i.e.: Kevlar and carbon fiber
(composite)—Delivers exceptional structural integrity which meets or exceeds ABS strength
rules while providing greater speed / longer range and reduced fuel burn.
- Dampening Material (composite)—Offers superior noise and vibration reduction.
- Insulating Material (composite)—Delivers superior cooling and heating benefits.
- Stealth Material (composite)—Reduces heat, radar, acoustic, and magnetic signature.
- Low Maintenance Material (composite)—Does not rust/corrode reducing life cycle costs.
On-Time - On-Budget - As Promised